Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Script For Ceciley "The Audition"



THE AUDITION
by Bob Counihan



INT  CECILEY'S APARTMENT  - DAY

 she is drinking tea and re-reading The Mists of Avalon.  Looks up when phone rings .  Picks up off of table and clicks.

CECILEY

  Hello? (pause)  Oh, hi Denise.  Yeah, just doing laundry.  A real haunted location this time?  That's what you've said before.  No I don't mean to be critical.  Yeah I was babysitting the Shaytard kids yesterday.  They're real monsters, but you have to be nice to 
KATILETTE.  She's married to the boss.  Katilette had a Mom's On The Loose shooting.  I know.  She's all over the internet these days.  Wait a  minute I have another call. (clicks phone) Hello?  Hey Mortie.  Really?  An audition?  When?  Today.! Email me the script.  Thank you!!  (clicks phone) Hey Denise, I have an audition!  Yes!  A paying job!  Cross your fingers. (rolling eyes)  No Denise. I can't get you one too.  Gotta go.  (Hangs up, shaking head) She's such a loser.

Goes to her computer.  Prints a few pages.  reads eagerly.

CECILEY

(muttering)  I can do this.  I can do this. (looks up) What will I wear?

INT. - CECILEY'S BEDROOM

Enters bedroom, pulls outfits onto bed, chooses one while humming. Fast forward montage of trying on different ridiculously glamorous or dramatic outfits. Does makeup and hair.  Ends in romantic tunic top over bell bottoms with head scarf, dramatic makeup and huge chandelier earrings.

EXT DOOR OF CECILEY'S APARTMENT

Door opens and she leaves, goes to car.  Gets in.

INT CECILEY'S CAR

She starts driving.  Hits button.    CD player comes on.  Anelle's Don't Forget Me.

EXT  CECILEY'S CAR 

Driving along roads of LA.

INT  CECILEY'S CAR

CECILEY

I can do this. I can do this.  Starts singing along making over the top
dramatic face while singing.

INT CASTING OFFICE

A RECEPTIONIST sits behind a desk.   There are empty chairs and two doors.  CECILEY enters through first door carrying her script and headshot and walks up to the receptionist.

CECILEY


Hi.  I'm Ceciley Jenkins.  (Hands over headshot) Here's my resume and 
headshot.  As you can see I'm in two movies coming out this year.  (Smiles maniacally, panting lightly)

RECEPTIONIST

Hi Ceciley, It'll be just a few minutes.  There's someone else in ahead of you.  
You're the last girl.

Ceciley sits nervously.  Rocking slightly, looking back and forth.

CECILEY
(muttering) God I need this job, please, I need this job. God I need this job,
please, I need this job. God I need this job, please, I need this job.

Second door opens, DIRECTOR walks out followed by KATILETTE.  She is wearing her typical mom outfit, T Shirt and jeans, subdued makeup

DIRECTOR 

Great!  You're just what we're looking for.  I'll send your agent the contract.

KATILETTE:  

Wow!  This is just such surprise.  When Mortie called this morning I
never thought I'd end up on TV!

Ceciley Stands up throwing down her script angrily.

CECILEY

Mortie!?!  Mortie sent you here?  I introduced you to him!

KATILETTE

I'm sorry Ceciley, I didn't know you were up for this too.  It didn't seem like your thing.

DIRECTOR
Sorry, but I think we've got what we want here.

CECILEY

Just two minutes!  Please.  I came all the way down.  Just let me do my
Lady MacBeth monologue.  I promise you.  You won't regret it!

DIRECTOR:  (Sighing)  

Alright.  Two minutes, but just the line.  No monologue.

CECILEY

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Just let me get to into character. (making exaggerated
acting class faces)  Hoo Hoo! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha! Hoo! Hoo! Hee! Hee! Ha! Ha!  Unique New York,
Unique New York, Unique New York.Unique New York, Unique New York, Unique New York.
The Next nest will not necessarily be next to nothing. The Next nest will not necessarily
be next to nothing. Some shun sunshine. Do you shun sunshine? Some shun sunshine?
Do you shun sunshine?

DIRECTOR
Miss, I don't have time for this.

CECILEY

OK, Ok, OK. (closes eyes and takes a deep breath. raises hands as if holding
product next to face.  (Tilts head slightly)  Thanks Immodium A-D!

KATILETTE and DIRECTOR share a look denoting their pity at CECILEY's desperation.

Slamming Door Sound.  Cut to Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment